Friday, September 21, 2012

Getting to know an Indie, Volume 1, Ep. 2


Indie Author:

Anthony Beal*

*Indie crush of CJ Roberts


Buy it $3.99 on Amazon

What do you love most about being a writer? 

I love that it has made me good with arranging and organizing my thoughts.  I love that its helped me improve my skill at putting them to paper in a manner that is not just coherent, but also can evoke moods depending on what words I choose and how I use them.  I also love that it has given voice and form to the storm of images and fictional situations constantly swirling inside my head, and allowed me to share them with like-minded readers and writers.

Buy it $4.99 on Smashwords


What do you like the least about being a writer? 

That I don’t yet earn enough at it to support myself in the manner to which I’ve grown accustomed (smiles.) The day job remains a necessity, however, I’m committed to working hard and to seeing that my writing style continues to improve and evolve so that one day, perhaps I can financially sustain myself by doing what I love.
Read my review!


What are you working on now? 

I’m working on a sequel to my first erotic novel, “The Escapists.”**  There are a lot more stories to be told on the island where the events of the novel take place.  I want to tell them all in as many books as it takes.



Is there a question you hate answering

There are several, though I’ve never encountered any of them during an interview.  Two that spring immediately to mind, and are questions I’ve actually had posed to me, are:
1.      “How much did you get paid for (insert recently-published title of one of my stories that does not exceed 3K words)?  Like, a thousand dollars?”
2.      “The part where (insert name of character from one of my written works that the speaker has read) said/did (insert what character said/did)…Is that from something, or did you make that up?)” 
Buy it $6.99 on Amazon

Mankind: Good or evil? Explain. 

At risk of sounding arrogant, I think concepts of “good and “evil” are often subjective and that mankind is best described as a work in progress. That’s why I’m simultaneously amused and saddened by knowing entire demographics continue to be considered altogether superior or inferior to others, and that this will probably always be so. The idea that an entire group of people without exception should be considered less savage or loving or honest or moral than another based on something as superficial as skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. is so ridiculous that it would be hilarious if I didn’t know how damaging it is to the progress of human hearts and minds. I feel the same about those so convinced that Earth is not only our universe’s sole life-sustaining planet, but the only one capable of sustaining intelligent life. I sincerely hope this isn’t true.  I can’t tell you how sad it would make me if I were to receive irrefutable proof that humanity (with all its malice and greed and schadenfreude) is the absolute pinnacle of intelligent life in the universe. For the sake of all living things, there needs to be something better than us out there (and no, I’m not talking about a god or divinity). If there were not, and we are truly the single most evolved species in existence right now, then to my thinking, that speaks very poorly of the universe.

Buy it $5.99 on Smashwords


No comments:

Post a Comment